Summer’s just around the corner and I’ve taken a brief hiatus from dining-out to try and become a little healthier than I have been this year.
To help, I’ve been trying to re-create some delicious salads for a warm summer evening and here is one of my favourites; Ham, Beetroot and Feta Salad.
- Ham, torn.
- Handful of Beetroot, cut into wedges
- Handful of New Potatoes, pre-boiled
- Lemon Juice, 1 tbs or half a lemon
- Chilli Flakes, 1 tsp
- Handful of Feta Cheese (or other goat cheese)
- Salad Leaves of your choice.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1tbs
- Salt & Pepper, for seasoning
- Mixed Seeds (optional)
- For the dressing - Add the lemon, chilli flakes, extra virgin olive oil and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the salad - Add the new potatoes, feta cheese, ham and salad leaves to a bowl. Cover with the dressing and toss.
- Serve on a plate and scatter the beetroot as well as the mixed seeds.