Another great recipe for summer and this time I decided to make lemon chicken in a white wine sauce, adapted from a recipe written and created by Martha Stewart.
Chicken in summer, is always a great option as it is versatile and a leaner meat, making it perfect for those worried about their summer waistline. I threw this recipe together and thought it turned out great so decided to share.
- 8 Skinless Chicken Thighs,
- A large glass of White Wine,
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice,
- Knob of butter
- 2 Handfuls of chopped parsley,
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp of Dried Thyme,
- Salt & Pepper, for seasoning
- Serving Option - Rice or Salad
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and use an oiled skillet that has a lid. Add the chicken bone side up.
- Add the garlic, dried thyme and white wine and bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn each chicken thigh over, and place a lemon slice on each chicken. Cover again and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and lemon slices from pan and leave the garlic and white wine liquid in the pan as this will be your sauce for the chicken.
- Bring the white wine sauce to a boil and leave to reduce to ½ a cup which should take around 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter, parsley, lemon juice and stir until butter has melted and the sauce is smooth and glossy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice or salad.